How does this sync work?
Happy you asked!
- Each SaaSOps Community category is mapped to a Slack channel
- Any conversation or question that is posted in the SaaSOps Community will be automatically posted in the mapped channel in SaaSOps Chat.
- Any conversation within the SaaSOps Chat that is chosen by an Admin to be synced will appear in the SaaSOps Community
- Any threaded responses to these conversations will appear on both sides
I prefer to use the SaaSOps Chat and likely will not use the SaaSOps Community as often. Can I turn off notifications?
Yes, of course!
- Navigate here: https://www.saasops.community/settings/general
- Update the following settings as needed:
What is the SaaSOps Chat?
SaaSOps Chat (formerly known as BetterIT Slack) is the SaaSOps Communities dedicated Slack instance. This Slack instance started in 2016 and housed many incredible conversations and best practices over the years.
Should I use the SaaSOps Community or the Chat?
That is completely up to you! If you are already using Slack at your organization, the SaaSOps Chat may be an easy resource for you to add to your list of Slack workspaces. Plus, it’s generally the quickest way to get your SaaSOps or BetterCloud question answered. Additionally, the SaaSOps Community and Chat are synced with each other, so you don’t need to worry about missing valuable conversations.
How can I tell if a conversation is currently being synced?
- SaaSOps Community
All topics created in the SaaSOps Community are pushed into the SaaSOps Chat and will sync. They will appear in the SaaSOps Chat like so:
- SaaSOps Chat
All topics chosen to be synced from the SaaSOps Chat will be chosen by a Community Admin. When chosen, you will see a threaded message similar to this:
How do I create an account in the SaaSOps Chat?
An account was created for you automatically when you joined the SaaSOps Community. Click here to login and join the conversation!
I have more questions, who can I speak with?
Feel free to ask your question(s) below, join the chat and ask in the #community-help channel, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org